Sunday 18 December 2016

Kimberley Dynamiters retire Jared Marchi's number


On December 17, 2016 the Kimberley Dynamiters surprised alumni Jared Marchi by retiring his number 15.

"I had no idea," Marchi said, "I thought I was just coming to drop the puck."

Marchi's number now hangs with Ryan Bennato's number 25.

"It means so much to me, it is huge," a speechless Marchi said. "This organization was a big part of my life for five years. The countless volunteers, the staff, the coaches, the players, it is just an all-round great place to play with the fans. It's just huge to have a number retired."

Marchi played five season for the Nitro's from 2010-2016. He scored 97 goals, 117 assists for a total of 214 points in 228 games. He was a part of the 2015 KIJHL Championship team.

According to Eliteprospects, Marchi is first in total points, second in goals, third in assists, and first in games played since the Dynamiters joined the KIJHL.

Amongst KIJHL All-Time leaders, Marchi currently sits, tied for 8th in goals, tied for 17th in assists and 12th in points.

"I didn't know what to think or what to say or what to do." Marchi said "It was just such a special feeling to be out there with Bennato. It's a huge honour. I'm speechless.

"Thank you to everyone within the Dynamiter organization that helped me get to where I am."


Photos by Jonathan Righton

No comments:

Post a Comment