Monday 30 March 2015

Fan Meet & Greet with 2015 KIJHL Champions

Photo's by Jonathan Righton
The Kimberley Dynamiters hosted a meet and greet for their fans, as the team showed off their new hardware and banners.

Each player was introduced by Coach Bancks. I think my favourite was "Santa's neighbour, number three, Charlie Dagostin."


With the whole lineup on the ice, they were one studly group of young men!

After the intro's, the players took the hardware and banners to the main concourse and the fans got to interact with, chat, take pictures, and so on with the players. While I know Coach Revie had many followers; in our house, Charlie (because my daughters name is Charlie) is the favourite. Both my kids sought out Charlie for an autograph. And then my son wanted Tyson's autograph, because he was "the guy with the trophy." My daughter sought out Braden because she liked playing floor hockey with him. Now both of them have hung the pages up in their room. (If you look closely, Braden wrote 'Thanks for the floor hockey' and my daughter loved it!)
I have to admit, Buckley called me out, right in the middle of the concourse that I had picked Fernie over them, and Osoyoos to win the whole thing. Which I admit I did because I picked with my head (using my power rankings) instead of my heart (wanted to keep emotions out of it). I tried to recover saying I picked them as the dark horse. But it was too late, I was wrong. I am wrong. I have to admit, I am glad I was wrong. I told him that I am behind them, heart and mind, for the Cyclone Cup. Boy have I learned my lesson.

It was great to see such great community support, from local leaders, to business, to family, friends and fans. Great time had by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment