Wednesday 26 March 2014

KIJHL Finals Preview: Beaver Valley Nitehawks vs Kamloops Storm

The team I have picked to win it all, has advanced to the final, Beaver Valley Nitenhawks. And my mulligan pick, Kamloops Storm (since Summerland fizzled out early), are in the final as well. I'm stoked for the series showdown starting March 28. I will admit I am a Beaver Valley bandwagon fan right now.

I think it is worth noting that the top defensive teams (ranked 1 and 2 during the regular season) have both reached the final.

          VS          


Offence:
Beaver Valley ranked 4th (4.40 GFA)
Kamloops ranked 3rd (4.75 GFA)
Edge: Kamloops +1

Defence:
Beaver Valley ranked 1st (2.75 GAA)
Kamloops ranked 2nd (2.79 GAA)
Edge: Beaver Valley +1

Goaltending:
Beaver Valley ranked 3rd (.916 SV%)
Kamloops ranked 8th (.907 SV%)
Edge: Beaver Valley +5

Special Teams:
Beaver Valley ranked 2nd (109.94 PP+PK)
Kamloops ranked 3rd (108.38 PP+PK)
Edge: Beaver Valley +1

Series Edge:
Beaver Valley 
with a +7 points after tallying up the edges in each category.

No comments:

Post a Comment